CrossWind Technologies uses leading edge technology to create simple, effective real-world solutions using open, standards-based technologies.
Since 2006, we have focused on the law enforcement market. Law enforcement agencies are currently facing a rapidly changing information landscape armed with decades-old software technology. We believe that our technology will provide a many-fold improvement on operations efficiency at half the price of current solutions. More importantly, it will provide law enforcement agencies the ability to stay ahead of the technology curve.
Our Products and Technologies
Consistent with our mission, CrossWind began development of the first completely web-enabled CAD/RMS solution for the law enforcement market in 2010. CrossWind partnered with the Burlington Police Department to combine best practices in CAD/RMS workflow and policies with the latest web development tools to create Valcour CAD/RMS™.
Our supporting business model for Valcour CAD/RMS™ is to provide:
- Platform independent deployment: Valcour can be deployed on any internet capable device. This means that our mobile functionality can be deployed in cruisers using a Toughbook, an iPad, any tablet.
- Highly scalable and flexible partnering deployment: LE Agencies can work cooperatively as a cluster, share selected data and dispatching resources.
- All inclusive solution model: There are no modules or extra costs. Mobile use is included. E-ticketing is included. Future development is included with annual maintenance.
- Always up-to-date: The architecture and development environment allows for continual, incremental updates so Valcour will evolve along with the LE environment and continue to support the latest COTS hardware and networking technologies.
- Vendor independence: Valcour is built on open standards it can be supported by any capable system administrator. Annual support and maintenance from CrossWind is optional.
- Fair licensing: The one-time license fee entitles the Agency a perpetual-right-to-use.
Representative CrossWind Customer Lists for Valcour CAD/RMS in Vermont
- Burlington PD
- South Bulington PD
- Winooski PD
- UVM Police Services
- Colchester PD
- Middlebury PD
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Milton PD
CrossWind developed FACTS-Use of Force Reporting™ with Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, NV to provide a best practices method of tracking and reporting Use of Force incidents to enable agencies to be responsive to trends and patterns and to target safety and training needs for officers.
Representative CrossWind Customer Lists for FACTS—Use of Force Reporting™
- Burlington Police Department, VT
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office, NV
- Lyon County Sheriff's Office, NV